Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Poems By Ngozi Olivia Osuoha


 THERE IS GOD

In
I am afraid of life
Because it is a mystery
But I will make history.

I am afraid of friends
Because they are humans
But I will love them.

I am scared of tomorrow
Because it is unknown,
But I am hopeful.

I am troubled about the world
Because leaders are unfaithful,
And things change for worse
But there is God.

FEAR

Fear is a hole
It makes nothing whole.

Fear is a rocket
It scars the pocket.

Fear is a game
It can bring shame.

Fear is a price
It can come thrice.

Fear is a grass
It can burn the mass.

Fear is complex
It can tower to the apex
And cause a reflex.

LOVE

Love is humble
It makes royal,
Love is marble
It remains loyal.

A game of heart
Drawing the art,
Linking the chart
Clearing the mart.

If you make it a gamble
It will crumble
And leave you in shamble.

If you make it a garden
It will harden
And grow vegetations.

Love is a platform
It can reform,
Killing the worm
And cankerworm.

HATE

A day of hate
Destroys a destiny,
A time of rage
Kills a destination.

Hate is a ladder
It gets one madder,
Hate never makes gladder
And it pops up the bladder.

Hate strangles dreams
And embitters streams,
Hate buries hope
And murders the scope.

Hate is an enemy
It smokes like the chimney,
And hits the kidney.

Hate is a cage
It does much damage,
And leaves many in bondage
Throwing others into the drainage.

Beware of love
Be kind, do not hate
Then you will not fear
Because there is God.

MY COUNTRY

Come, cry for me
For I am troubled, so troubled
Come, cry with me
For I am in pain, so pained,
Painted, fainted, a dirty painting
A fainting that is draining me.

My country burns, burning in flames
My homeland mourns, mourning in shame
My fatherland is quaking
Quaking loud and aloud
Shaking the cloud and crowd.

Pray for me please, please I pray thee
My land bleeds in greed
Lives waste in hundreds
Tears overflow daily
Fears gather amidst
Nothing, nobody is safe,
Please pray for me, my people, and my country.

IN THE WINGS OF VIOLENCE

Hear the wind rage
See the rain raging
The thunder strikes 
Lightning gives horror
My people are swept over.

In the wings of violence
My land encroaches to war
Fighting, killing, maiming, raping
Hear war sing freely to us.

In the wings of violence
I hear innocence moan,
In the wings of terror
I see generations groan
Look deep and yonder
Leadership is terrorism.

Religion has beheaded us
Politics has bewitched us
Hatred, falsehood, fallacy, dogmatism
Hey! I fear now and tomorrow!

COLD WAR

We are at war
We are barely alive
They pounce on us raw
We are halfway dead.

A cold war so loud
The world is busy
So busy that we are insignificant.

The world is on
On, ongoing with activities
The world is on its wings
As we oscillate on swings.

Leadership is no more fair
Friendship is now a nightmare
Partnership is cruelty
Relationship is wickedness,
The world looks the other way,
As we dive and plunge into the abyss
Head on collision with death.

A cold war, within and without
Gold, hold, sold, fold, told and untold.

MY GUARDIAN ANGEL

True love from above
Flying like a dove
Divine wings 
Holy rings,
Spreading purity and trinity.

My real hero
Lifting me from zero
My pure strength
Guarding me at length.

Dependable and reliable
Capable and able,
Holding me down
Cleaning my gown.

My guardian angel
My golden apparel,
My Knight in shinning armour
My light in dark humour.

Lily in my valley
Family of my belly
My ally, my alloy, my envoy
Guiding me through the convoy.

Respectful, honest, decent
Godly, homely, humble
Lovely, lowly, my heart;
We can start any art.
WE ARE THE WORLD

We are the world
We live in heaven or hell
We are the world
We live or die.

We support injustice and greed
We buttress selfishness and violence,
We are the world
We do so directly or indirectly.

We preach love but live hate
We sing hymns but drop bombs,
We dance blues but play war,
We are the world
We sink yonder.

Look, we pretend a lot
And cover evil
We coat lies
And bury truths,
See, we are crooks.

We are the world
Except we face realities
Until we become real
Unless we decide to grow
This world would remain hell.

We ink, we drum, we act, we play
We sing, we pray, we party, all in hell
This doom booms
And the gloom, looms
Heed, we are the world
Let us make it a better place.

PROFILE

Ngozi Olivia Osuoha is a Nigerian poet/writer/thinker. A graduate of Estate Management with experience in Banking and Broadcasting. She has featured in over seventy international anthologies and has also published over two hundred and sixty poems/pieces in over twenty five countries.

She has authored twenty three poetry books, and some of them are archived in the United States' Library of Congress.

Some of her poems have been translated into and published in Arabic, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Farsi, Khloe, Macedonian, and other languages.

She is also a tailor. Some of her poems have been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and Best of the Net awards.



No comments:

Post a Comment

VARIETIES OF EXISTENCE

The world became very proud and doubts that it will get better creates a profound trail in the heart of man Calm your soul in the blink of a...